Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 350 - Happy Birthday Dear CAW



Recorded on December 22, 2013


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

RECORD PROMO FOR RM CHRISTMAS EPISODE

Hi I’m Aprillian, I’m Leeta, I’m Rogueslayer, I’m Tedrah and
Aprillian We’re wishing
Leeta  you a Happy
Roguelayer Winter’s Veil
Tedrah from Ctrl Alt WoW

Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Hi Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah and all of our awesome guildies & friends!
  Hope everyone is having a awesome week, in an out of
game!

Thought I'd better get started on this early, since we have bad weather coming in and might lose power tonight!

Anyway didn't do a lot in wow this past week, yep it's my hibernation time, but did work on leveling pets. And almost
ready I think for the Celestial Tournament,
Kittyfox has been a great help on this. Would have never known which pets I
needed and yes had to go back and level up a few. Well really quite a few plus capture some I didn't have but it's been fun.
And as I level the pets I need for the tournament, also level some for Donnie as I go, works out
wonderfully.

Speaking of pets, I wasn't going to log on last night got a sinus thing going on thanks to the weather. But Big G sent me a
message on twitter said log in got to see this, so I logged on just in time to see him turn 90! Woot!! And yes I wouldn't be
telling you that he is a level 90, only I know he has posted it all over the web lol  Proud of you Big G great job :)

 But while I was on Deathstryder said Big G was telling him about Juuno & I in mumble, so I logged on mumble and next thing
I know Willopelt is on then Grand Nagus, Big Steve joined too. And my not logging on to play
turned out playing, Willopelt wouldn't
let me out of it, he said not this time no backing out.
 But it turned out to be a fun night, Grand Nagus bribed me into staying after our first normal runs, which
Deathstryder got the mount this time :) Grand Nagus said pet runs, I can caged those and give them to our guildie's, yep
I'm in for that!
 So we did Naxxrama and one other, only got one pet but Big Steve donated three for Donnie's and my cause.
And I mentioned that the pet runs would be awesome since all of my girls are broke from buying pets to level, next thing I know
I've got mail from
Willopelt and Big Steve. Really made tears come to my eye's they sent me gold!! And not just a little either
but quite a bit so now I can afford my repair bill. So yes all in all it was a great night I had fun got pets for our guildes, and my awesome
guildies just proved to me once again how wonderful they
are!
 Thank you Willopelt & Big Steve for the gold, thank you Grand Nagus for the pet runs, thank you Deathstryder for coming with us & grats
Big G for level 90, again I'm really proud of you! And thank you Big Steve for the pets :)

Love & Hugs
Pixie
For the horde & Earthen Ring

PS I woke this morning in a good mood not a sad one thanks to last night, thanks guys.


Hello Ctrl Alt Wow darlings!!!  

Just want to send you a great big giant Winter Veil hello, as well as huge 350 huggles!!!  We're wishing everyone a very safe and happy holiday season, and thank you sooooooooo very much, Aprillian, from the bottom of our hearts, for creating this wonderful, safe and happy place for all of us to play!  We love you!!!

/great big hugs & kisses!

Juuno & Pixie

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

My Paladin Astara, who dinged 89 last week, reminded me of the many levels of playing wow. Even though she doesn’t really know how to play her role, her abilities have allowed me to experience Azeroth. Even though she may never be a raider, she’s a damn fine pet battler.

Refeshing at ah

needed to send enchant to Aprillian from Astara, went to Enchanting vendor and found recipe for Enchanted Lantern. Made 3




Leeta

1/ TNAK - Mage hit Lvl 66 and 2 bars from 67
Did Auchenai Crypts run and Ring of Blood in Nagrand
2/ Warlocks - Hit Lvl 20
We 3 manned Deadmines - was fun :)
3/ Rep grinding ShaoHao - half a bar off exalted :D 20505/21000
Timeless Coins - over 180k
***Exalted***
4/ Winter’s Veil - no luck on the Rotten Little Helper
Taking 6 toons thru nearly everyday - Lvl 83 - 90’s

Rogueslayer

Blingtron in the house on Sunsong Ranch!
Fishing hat search
“I like killing things”
Tundra mount for the win and domestic harmony!
Blackfathom Deep - tried Voltmetra with Coolchick (lvl 27), then brought Spyka (52), then she requested “the big guns,” Voltandra! Already did quests, so went with Everthorn - resurrect!
/follow for domestic tranquility
Battlegrounds?

Emails



Where is the snow?

G'day Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer & Tedra,

I hope you're all well. I'm doing fine myself.  Trying to stay cool, today is Thursday 19th December and here in little old Adelaide the temperature is 43 Celsius.  Yesterday wasn't too bad being 38 but the look on the poor koalas faces that I saw during my regular 6km hike told another story. Just once I would love to see the snow.
In game my Orc Warrior Igohaerias has reached level 90! This brings my total characters at level 90 to 7. I'm not sure why but melee classes seem to be where I shine.
My rogue Clogalis has reached exalted with the Dominance Offensive bringing his total exalted reputations to 53.
He's been over on the timeless ilse, farming rep and farming leather. The other day I was on the shore killing some elder turtles for their skins when I noticed an alliance hunter really struggling to kill the turtles. He wasn't skinning his kills so I helped myself to them. Then the strangest thing occurred, I had a streak of generosity wash over me. I /waved at the Dwarf Hunter, then /pointed to the nearest Elder Turtle. I  did this a few times and eventually he understood my intention. I waited for him to tag the turtle so he could loot his quest items, then I proceeded to destroy the poor creature in just a few seconds. He looted, I skinned. He looted, I skinned. We were from opposing factions but we worked together with the occasional /cheer and /thank thrown in from time to time from each of us. Eventually my bags became full with almost 250 leather skins so I said /goodbye and returned home. I logged on to a level 5 alliance alt and whispered my short lived companion. I thanked him for the skins, to which he replied "thanks for helping me get my tokens". So, here's proof opposing factions can work together and here's a shout out to Bruehaha, a level 90 Alliance Dwarf Hunter.

Hope to see you all in game soon.

Bye for now,
Clogalis

Sent from my melting Sony Xperia smart phone


xmas song!

There is no amount or quality of text that can describe how wrong this audio is or why my brain works the way it does.....

Love
Big Steve


Listening to podcast archives

Hi CAW Gang!
The other day I decided to dig deep into the CAW archives and see how the

podcast sounded back in the beginning. I went  to

http://ctrlaltwow.podbean.com/2006/12/ and listened  to the  first  3

episodes. Aprillian was flying solo and  doing a fine job.Her delivery was

slow and  deliberate as she gave out her information. She had definate

plans for what features she wanted to include. There was What I am doing

this week in WOW, then Wow News, Server reports from listeners who

contribute what's going on over on their  server.

"In the House"  is a

segment I found most relatable. I brief discussion on how playing WOW can

impact other people in the home. And how home life affects your game play.I

found  some interesting topics and quotes along the way.

December 23, 2006
"I now have 20 alts!"

" I have 2 accounts.That should be enough."

"I am very big on Hunters. "

The newlywed Aprillian " Thank God we don't have kids! I don't know how I

could even  balance this game with kids."

Some conflict with a non player partner.
" I loved him more than my game. I totally deleted WOW  from both

computers." Later after things cooled  down, she was able to reinstall.

I mention these quotes to illustrate how  times have changed. We have all

had life changes and the one constant is our enjoyment of this game called

WOW!


December 29, 2006
Good advice  to take all your alts  to Orgimar or Ironforge  to take the

most advantage of the Winter Veil quests.

The running time was very limited. She tried to keep it  to 10 min. In the

end Aprillian felt rushed and decided on a change to longer podcasts.

Alt naming tip: When you name them, give them different names and not

similar names. This will come in handy when you have to mail items across

characters. Most mail add ons have "name-complete" and if the names start

out with similar letters, you still have to find the name in the drop down

menu. This will slow down the process.



December 31,2006

Aprillian gets a beta key for Burning Crusade!

Female Blood elves  sound like Buffy the vampire Slayer. Hehe She liked

the newbie area and enjoyed question there.

Favorite places in WOW  segment.

Favorite area for quests and  atmosphere is Un'goro Crater. Enjoyed the

dinosaurs and walking flowers the most.
Lots of things to skin too!



On a personal note, I want to say that I think Aprillian did a fine job

from the very first episode. You can feel the energy she has for the game

and how much  she wants  to share what she has learned.Keeping podcast

content fresh takes tremendous effort. I was enjoying the first podcast as

much as the current offerings. "Good Job!"  :))


For the Horde! For the Guild! For Earthen Ring!

Wishing all  Happy Holidays!

Kara and her many alts



A strange thing happened on the way to the raid

Well it’s official I have a lvl 90 now to work on all those other things that lvl 90’s do can’t wait to die and die and die on the bridge.
Big G















Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus


Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment