Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 68 - FIRE IN THE HOLE

Aprillian and Ashayo discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Summer Fire Festival and an interview with the host of Despair and Videogames. Full Show Notes at http://ctrlaltwow.com
Episode 68 - FIRE IN THE HOLE

Summer Fire Festival = EXP a lot

Torch tossing


What We've Been doing:

Aprillian

Getting ready for a Zombie Running of the Beef. I had 3 Brewfest dresses in my Guild bank. I pulled one out of one tab to put with the other and the dress became soulbound. So a warning to others, don't pull your Brewfest dress out of Guild bank. I guess this is only going to apply to a few. So now if I want to give/sell this dress to someone, I have to make them a guild member and let them take it and then gkick them.

Lost two dog whistles on Neutral AH. Tracked the guy down in Tanaris and gave him a piece of my mind. A little while later Rilfire is back in Azhara hunting dragonkin when she notices there aren't many around. She runs into the same guy from the AH.

Sells Azure Whelpling for 750g, nice little chunk of change to have.

Treshel made and Treshel Discovers Flask of Mighty Restoration

Spent time in Ferelas on Aprillian to get TB rep

Triple Boxed Instances three times this week - First BRS got to the boss ogre, with Riversky and then again with Goldfen

Friday Morning got on and Ashayo was on and we decided to do the Dreadsteed quest. I dual boxed with Aprillian and Auntrillia and Matadoria the priest and Asheal and Ashield for Scholomance for the imp quest. But halfway through I realized I needed some stuff.


PTR changes:

Mounts at 30?! Yes, it’s true: Apprentice Riding and mounts are now available at level 30. Training costs 35 gold.

Midsummer Fire Festival
- Frustrating Torch tossing and Torch catching, but 2000exp each.
- Daily More Torch Tossing and Catching, 2000 exp each (Well, 2000 exp for level 25 mage, 2100 for level 26 mage... weird)

- 1000 exp for each flame visited
- Quest line in Zoram Strand. 2000 exp, 2000 exp, then can't get the next in chain (which is just to go to Org!)

- Torch Catching - Aspect of the Pack FTW!

- RAID!



Emails:

It is pronounced RE-Agent….cause it is a reagent. If it was pronounced RE-gent….it would be spelled regent. Reagent and regent are two different words.

And no….you can not create portal to shat as mage until u are 60.

As far as asking about mods goes….I have something you could discuss. I would like to know what mods that you have found successful in indicating to you when cooldowns expire. I play a 64 paladin tank and 70 holy priest. I use ct_buff and SCT, but find them both lacking. My pally tank needs to know when her Judgement is ready, and SCT flashes it by so quickly, I usually miss it cause Im busy. And I really don’t like squinting at ct_buff to look how much longer I have on my Seals. The same can be said for my Priest and the cd’s for his healing.

What I’m looking for, is a mod that will flash in big bold letters (that I can adjust), that the cooldown has expired. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ron




Hi again,

I meant to ask Ashayo something about your AIE guild. I have several high level toons and would like to do end game raiding but have a hard time because I work Monday – Friday midnight shift at hospital, and do most of my gaming after work between 9am and 4 pm EST. As I’m sure you know Ashayo, these are not prime raiding times. I was wondering with u being in Australia (I’m not sure what the time difference is) I’m sure that you find yourself playing occasionally in the morning hours eastern standard time.

My question is, do you think I would be able to find a small raiding group within your guild that would like to have scheduled raids in morning hours mon-Friday?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance again,

Ron




Interview with Riversky


You are a purist. Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment